adjunct Director, Graduate Admissions:
adjunct Director, Graduate AdmissionsWho we are
Why Rensselaer? Our dynamic global community of change makers includes some of the world's leading researchers, students, alumni, and faculty who ask the important questions and devise the scientific and technological innovations that make the world a better place for all of humanity. Nestled on a beautiful 275-acre campus in upstate NY, Rensselaer is home to five schools, 32 research centers, three makerspaces, an observatory, and one of the world's fastest supercomputers.
Are you ready to change the world? Apply now!
The adjunct Director is responsible for the identification, invitation and enrollment of graduate students into Rensselaer's educational community. In addition, the adjunct Director will be assigned a program or an area to develop and implement that will require working with the Rensselaer Community (eg. coordinating on-campus events). The incumbent will conduct on-site information sessions; represent Rensselaer at graduate fairs and conferences, visit targeted undergraduate institutions, and participate in the planning and execution of on-campus events. As an practiced admissions professional, the adjunct Director will mentor less practiced team members and will readily offer suggestions to improve graduate admissions operations and recruiting located on his/her practice, consciousness of the field of graduate admissions, and marketplace needs.
1. Assist the Director of Graduate Admissions in developing plans and programs that will allow Rensselaer to recruit students meeting criteria and University goals to its program
2. Provide accurate and timely information in a professional manner to general inquiries via email, phone, and face-to-face meetings. Elevate complex or sensitive inquiries to Associate Director or Director
3. Work with faculty and staff to identify the many feeder programs from which our students come and assist in developing programs to enhance those feeder opportunities
4. Present to prospective graduate students the value proposition of applying to Rensselaer at on and off campus events, fairs, conferences etc,. Understand and convey major Rensselaer research and academic initiatives to appropriate constituencies, including but not limited to prospective graduate students
5. Work with the Director, alumni, faculty, administrative staff, and Rensselaer students to identify the students who will add value to our community
6. Develop and implement a recruiting plan for a designed recruiting area (eg. geographic territory, academic program set, etc.)
7. Analyze and communicate competitive marketing approaches being used by either our student market or other colleges in their recruitment programs. Assist in the development of the marketing materials and outreach mechanisms that will most effectively communicate the Rensselaer message
8. Assist the Director of Graduate Admissions in the identification and implementation of programs that will keep the process moving aggressively forward, incorporating innovation and service elements at every step including all aspects of the application and decision-making process
9. In concert with others on the Graduate Admissions Team, work to facilitate the seamless entrance for students into our community, including the close coordination of other administrative and faculty units on campus
10. Monitor and coordinate, when appropriate, and when assigned by Director special projects or other tasks
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Minimum of two years of significant practice, that includes direct and transferrable practice in higher education, recruiting or a STEM field is required
• Valid US driver's license
Minimum Knowledge, expertise, and Abilities
• Excellent oral and written communication expertise
• Strong organizational expertise
• Excellent customer service expertise
• capability to work effectively under pressure and meet established goals and objectives
• capability to work with diverse populations
• Strong computer expertise and knowledge
• An advanced knowledge of marketing concepts
• capability to make a compelling public presentation
• capability to develop a good rapport with Rensselaer faculty and staff
• capability to develop a good rapport with prospective students and influencers
• capability to deal effectively with a dynamic and fast-paced office
• Excellent decision-making expertise and the capability to make informed decisions independently
• capability to manage often conflicting priorities
• Mentoring expertise
Business Hours with weekends or evenings occasionally required
TravelTravel is a significant component of the position (greater than 25%)
Non-passenger driving required
Follow the on-screen prompts to create an application. Please be ready to upload required documents, such as your resume and cover letter
If you need assistance with the online application process, Contact Us by Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Posted Date
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
COVID-19 Pandemic Protocols
Rensselaer welcomes undergraduate and graduate students to campus for an in-person academic practice. To support this practice, all faculty and staff are expected to work primarily onsite.
Rensselaer requires all faculty and staff to be vaccinated (and boosted when eligible) against COVID-19. Requests for exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be evaluated on a case by case basis.